Sunday, October 14, 2007

Safe Motherhood


Safe Motherhood
Originally uploaded by Christian Lagat



The Lancet medical journal is devoting its current issue to the safe motherhood initiative, which is 'celebrating' its 20th anniversary. There are several excellent articles in this issue on the topic of childbirth. It also has podcasts. The articles and podcasts are free. They are well worth checking out. Sadly it seems that there is now acknowledgment that the global initiative, of the World Health organisation and United Nations, to reduce maternal mortality by 75% by 2015 is unlikely to be reached. It seems that there is a lack of effort by societies and governments to make this happen.
You can get access to the Lancet through free registration. Some issues have free open access articles. I have this in my RSS feed and just check to see if there is anything of interest to me before I open it.

No comments:

Number of visitors to this page


View My Stats